Saturday 16 April 2011

NOT A LOT

THURSDAY 14th APRIL

  As the title implies not a lot happened today other than the mundane daily routine of having a bath taking the dog for a walk and working on the computer.  About 3.00pm I set off for the bus and had a 35 minute wait for a bus which then drove straight past my frantic signals.  The driver waved back.  It transpired that he was indicating that there was another bus behind him, as it arrived shortly afterwards.  I took my external hard drive to the computer shop indicated by Sam, and the opened it up and declared that the drive was knackered and it would cost between $500 - $1000 to recover the information on it.  As most of it came from my PC, apart from earlier photos and some music downloads, I thanked them and went on my way.  It is just inconvenient not having all the info on it to hand, but I'll survive.

  I got to Epping just as the football training was starting, and Nick certainly looked up for it, dashing around with great verve.  Robert, Don and I had a brief kick around at the other end of the pitch, but wearing sandals was not the ideal footwear for this occupation.  Nick declined anything to eat on the way home, and Robert ordered some Chinese for Jane and myself.  Jane was not to well with her sinuses so didn't go to Pilates.  I managed a brief bit of "training" with Nick out in the courtyard as he took me through some of his routines before a summons for a bath nipped that in the bud.  Then it was back to Oakhurst and a nightcap.

No comments:

Post a Comment