Wednesday 20 April 2011

MILD & OVERCAST

WEDNESDAY 20th APRIL

  Not much to report today.  Very still day, skies overcast but weather very mild, possibly a degree or so below the "heatwave" in London.  Only ventured out to take the dog for his daily stroll, and me for my daily exercise, otherwise worked on the computer and finished off another David Baldacci book.

  I received another e-mail from Scott, kindly offering me the use of his car and house for the duration of my stay in the South Island, which will certainly save on car hire fees and hotels.  I booked a coach ticket from Christchurch to Dunedin on Friday 29th April leaving at 2.00pm and arriving at 7.50pm.  Scott said he would be back from his job in Mount Cook on Friday so hopefully our arrivals will roughly coincide.  I'm no starting to look at booking trips in South America, a trip to Easter Island from Santiago but the return flight to Lima or Santiago?  Then there is the Andes Explorer train from Cuzco to Puno - just need to settle on the date for that, and then what La Paz to Rio to Fortaleza to Sao Paulo - gotta think about it.

  Alan phoned in the evening claiming he had rung the previous night but no one had answered the phone.  I told him I'd been in all evening and the phone hadn't rung, so there's a mystery!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing as how you have turned into a right old Mary in recent times when it comes to the weather, your in for a fecking almighty shock when you reach the south island of NZ!!

    ReplyDelete