Tuesday 5 April 2011

BACKING OUT

MONDAY 4th APRIL

  I woke up this morning with my back stiff and sore.  I looked out and saw the skies heavily overcast.  I texted this information to Bridie, who replied that I should stay put and the two of them would do their own thing.  I adjourned to the bathroom and had a long and hot radox bath and a good read.  I then had a coffee and a sandwich and put on a DVD of the recently arrived Spooks Series 9.  I watched all three episodes on the first DVD, and then returned to my book.

  The weather cleared in the afternoon and about 5pm I finally ventured out taking Reilly for a walk.  In the meantime the two Eastwood explorers went off on the Terry Creek walk, returning exhausted from the trek.  They managed to get themselves to the Eastwood Hotel and ordered up the Monday Special - a rump steak, which apparently was excellent.

  My back improved considerably during the course of the day, and after watching TV in the evening, I retired relatively early.  Late in the day I discovered it was Reilly's 2nd birthday.  He will have to get his present later.

No comments:

Post a Comment