Wednesday 13 April 2011

FAREWELLS

TUESDAY 12th APRIL

  After transferring all my luggage into my new suitcase and sorting out my package to send home sea mail.  I took Reilly for his morning walk.  The weather was bright and sunny although their was a slight autumnal chill in the air first thing in the morning. I popped into Plumpton and bought a large envelope as well as a new red top in Big W, and filled up the new envelope with CD's and DVD's for Angela to take home for me, I drove over to Ward Street for around 2.00pm but found the gaff devoid of a living soul.  Texted Bridie asking her where they were and got the answer back that they were at Eastwood Station.  I drove down there but couldn't see any sign of them, so drove off to find somewhere to park and then walked back.  And sure enough there they were.

  We mooched along to Carlingford to Pick up Nick and Jane.  When I got there Nick was lying on the bed with his iPod on claiming he was tired.  It took a while to get him moving.  In the meantime Jingles managed to poop in the kitchen missing the litter tray by about four feet! He had apparently taken exception to the men installing intercoms and had already peed on some of their materials.



  Eventually we got Nick in our car and Jane followed in hers to Carlingford Court.  We emerged in Target and after making contact with Jane rendezvoused with her there.  We moved on to a coffee shop that Nick claimed he didn't like (although Jane said they went there quite often).  After declaring he wanted nothing he settled for hot chocolate and pancakes.  The rest of us had coffees, cakes and scones.  After taking a number of photos, with the cafe owner offering to take one of all of us, it was time for goodbyes.

  I drove over to Mount Druitt - I can now manage the route from Eastwood/Epping to Oakhurst avoiding the toll motorways without the aid of "Susie" our GPS Guide.  We bought some wine glasses (Angela) and flutes (me) to go with the drink we had also acquired and drove over to Oakhurst.  Robert was just pulling in when we arrived.  It transpired Jeannette had been delayed at work and didn't get in till quite late so we ordered in pizza. Photos were taken, and drinks were drunk.



 Again it was time for farewells and I drove the girls back for their last night on Australian soil.  There was one slice of pizza and half a glass of bubbly left for me when I got back to finish off my evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment