Monday 11 April 2011

FROM MANLY TO ST MARY'S

MONDAY 11th APRIL

  After starting off with a bath to try and get the knees moving, I took Reilly for a walk in blazing sunshine, then searched for the black Bridie's black trousers in the washing machine but found two pairs.  I took them both, they seemed to have been washed feeling faintly damp. I checked my mileage so far and found I still had at least 300Km to use before I started paying extra. So I drove to Eastwood, but looking in at the Hilton I found it totally devoid of inhabitants.  I texted Bridie with a "Where r u?" and got back "Eastwood Station".  I drove down to the station but couldn't see any sign of them, so drove off again and found a parking spot some 400 yards from the station.  I walked back and sure enough there they were.  I suggested going for a spot of brekkie at the Provence Cafe across the road, and this motion carried the day.  Bridie and Ange
went for poached eggs on toast whilst I opted for Scrambled eggs on toasted Turkish bread and bacon.  Suitably refreshed we set off for Circular Quay via Central and then caught the ferry to Manly.  We walked down the Corsa towards the beach and Bridie bought New Zealand ice creams all round.  Bridie had vanilla, Angela strawberry whilst I was more adventurous with a mixture of banana and coffee.
  We walked down onto the beach with the weather holding up and the sun shinning brightly.  I suggested that a bit of a soak in the sea water could do Bridie's legs some good, and indeed we all waded in the crashing surf.

  We took advantage of the good weather and I for one had a kip on the sand,  The girls also relaxed on the golden sands of Manly.
  Eventually we headed back up to the ferry and went back to Central Quay.
From Central Quay it was on to St James on the train where we located St Mary's Cathedral.



It was then a stroll down to Pitt Street where we found a pub to have dinner, before catching the train back to Eastwood, where a final drink at the Eastwood Hotel culminated the evening.  I then drove back to Oakhurst.

No comments:

Post a Comment