Wednesday 27 April 2011

GOODBYE TO WARD STREET

WEDNESDAY 27th APRIL

  Didn't sleep well at all, got up and had a bath, and gave Reilly a couple of treats.  It was just too wet to take him out for a walk especially as my old shoes (muddied as they are) were placed in the garage and the garage was locked, so I only had my travelling boots to wear and I didn't want to get them filthy nor get myself and Reilly soaking wet.  I let him come indoors and lie beside me as I did things on the computer and then took my leave of him.  (I think he thought I was telling him that I was taking him for a walk, so he must have been disillusioned to see me walking down the path).  I didn't have the heart to look back on him.

  I caught a bus to Mount Druitt and then a train to Eastwood and caught a bus to the Marist College and walked down to Ward Street with my laden shoulder bag.  I phoned Rob to find out what time he was coming home and as it was 4.00pm, I decided to wait for him. When he got there he went and paid the outstanding rent and gave in his notice.  He is quitting the place on Saturday.  His landlord said they would miss him!  End of an era.

   He then drove me down to the Post Office where I posted cards for Andrew and Shauna's birthdays.  Then it was on to meet Pav for a farewell drink at the Epping Hotel.  His mother Gloria was in hospital with a back problem, but in her impatience to go somewhere with her zimmerframe failed to apply the brake and fell and broke her arm.  Most of the time was spent with Pav relating the stories of his visits to the hospital, and just one about the iniquities of the taxman!

  We then drove on to get Jane and Nick from their new abode in 'Pa's house, and went to a local curry shop where Nick had some butter chicken, needless to say a substancial portion went in a doggie bag to take

home, although he did eat some of it.  We then went for a coffee and cake in a cafe before dropping Jane and Nick back home.  He confidently said "See you next year", and after a couple of quick hugs we were off to Eastwood.  It poured all night and I had great difficulty getting to sleep, with the alarm set for 4.00am.

No comments:

Post a Comment