Tuesday 26 April 2011

EASTER SUNDAY

SUNDAY 24th APRIL

  We set off after 9.00am for Carlingford to see Nick.  He and Jane are in the throes of moving in with 'Pa in Epping, and Jingles is getting acclimatised to having vast areas to rush around in.  Next week he will be allowed out into the garden.  Nick was out in the garden practising his place kicks with his new rugby ball.  It didn't take him long to hoof one into the branches of a tree, and there it stayed.  He and Robert tried kick and throwing footballs up at it, and were joined by Jane, but all to no avail.  In the proccess, Nick kicked one of the footballs over the fence, and had to be lifted over to retreive it.  Eventually Robert tired of this sport and retired from the fray.  I then decided to have a go, but I picked a brick which was considerably heavier.  At the third attempt I dislodged the rugby ball and down it came.  Nick was awaiting the arrival of his two young cousins and then they would go hunting for the hidden Easter Eggs.  We took our leave and departed for Oakhurst.


  After a bit of rest we set off for Penrith and the Caceres household.  It was noticed that the three sisters were all colour co-ordinated - somebody dubbed the Blue Mountain Girls!


The weather was quite nice and the dinner was cooked on the BBQ and we ate outside.  (I did at one point change into my fleece lined shirt though!).  The evening wore on and people disappeared, Juan for one, only to re-appear again.


I sat there quietly drinking my white wine - everybody else seemed to be on red or beers.  In time it was just Juan and I left there.  He filled up the outside fire with wood and got a merry blaze going, so that the chill of the night did not impair on our proceedings.  I've no idea what time I adjourned but it must have been pretty late!

No comments:

Post a Comment