Tuesday 19 April 2011

CURRY NIGHT AGAIN

TUESDAY 19th APRIL

  I woke up at 7.30am but couldn't rouse myself to get up until after 9.00am.  My knees and ankles felt as though they were encased in plaster and the bed felt so comfortable and warm!  Eventually I stirred myself, said goodmorning to Reilly and gave him a chew, and adjourned for a long hot soak along with my book.  I then caught up with yesterday's blog and took Reilly for a walk.  Although it was a bit hazy, the weather was pretty warm, I reckon around 24/5 degrees.

  I walked over to Plumpton to do my shopping for the evening meal, and chanced into Big W where I purchased some thick socks in anticipation of New Zealand and Peru as well as a fleece top and a warm hat.  They all proved useful this evening as I sat outside working on the blog.
  Having received an e-mail from Angela today without any answers to the questions I had sent her regarding Scott's address, I wondered if perhaps my e-mail hadn't reached her.  So I phoned Alan and asked if he could get Scott's e-mail address and home address from her.  It is of course her birthday today, so many happy returns of the day Angela - I will not mention how old you are other than to speculate that you are over 40.  It is of course also Kathy's birthday (Jeannette's elder sister), and I do happen to know that she is 38.  Many happy returns Kathy.  Not long after my call to Alan I received an e-mail from Scott who said he had received my voicemail on his mobile but had accidentally erased it.  So far no return call from Alan.

  I went for a prawn Korma spiced up with garlic and hot curry powder in which I marinated the prawns.  I added an extra tin of cocanut milk to the mixture which included peppers and tomatoes, and even if I say it myself it all turned out pretty good.  There were of course Bombay potatoes, curried mushrooms and poppadoms to accompany the main course.  I also got some plain orange flavoured chocolate to finish the meal off with.  It was not to Robert's taste, but I had previously elicited that Jeannette was a dark chocolate fan.  My days in Australia are rapidly dwindling, but the weather has improved and I guess this may be my last warm period until I start approaching the equator in South America.

1 comment: