Sunday 3 April 2011

BACK TO CRONULLA

SUNDAY 3rd APRIL

  The girls went to 10.30am mass at the Catholic Church they found just down the road.  I put my mobile on to charge first thing, but then forget about it and left it where it was when I went over about midday to pick up the womenfolk, and drove them down to Eastwood station.  We caught a train to Cronulla, changing at Central, a journey that took well over an hour and a half.  It was a glorious sunny day with the temperature around 26/7 degrees.  After stopping at a book shop where Bridie made a purchase for Shauna & James' birthdays, we had a bite to eat further down the road towards the beach at the Cafe Tuscia.  I had some
garlic prawns and rice with cream sauce and the girls had a club sandwich each without the avocado.  We had a pot of tea each, made with tea leaves - no tea bags - and excellent it was too.

  We then went down to the beach and walked quite a way round it, with the girls dipping their toes in the water.




                               Obviously a nude bathing beach!

  After we had gone a fair way we found some dunes to relax on and some gazed into the distance whilst others absorbed the last remaining rays of sunshine as dusk approached.
  We then walked back towards the town centre, and got back to the station in daylight.

  Again the train journey took over an hour and a half, and upon arriving in Eastwood we dropped into the Eastwood Hotel for a couple of drinks.  I dropped the pair off at the Hilton and proceeded down to Oakhurst where I arrived at 9.30pm.  I was suitably admonished for returning so late without letting them know where I was - I said I had left my mobile behind charging, but this seemed to have no effect.  Suitably admonished, but after having a portion of Jeannette's shepher's pie, I retired to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment