Friday 17 December 2010

THIRD TEST - SECOND DAY OOPS!

FRIDAY 17th DECEMBER

  The early morning cloud soon cleared and none of the threatened rain materialised, and in fact it turned out to be a nice sunny day. This morning Mark went off to get some rolls for our breakfast whilst I got the bacon ready. Afterwards I went shopping in search of anti-hystamine cream to try and aliviate all the itching I'm suffering from mosquito bites.  I also got some anti inflamatory cream for my back which has seized up ever since Adelaide.  Finally I managed to find some electrical mossie zappers to try and eliminate the pestilant insects.  I also bought assorted food supplies, a pan and brush and further supplies of loo paper.  Loaded down with all this shopping I caught a 545 bus up to the Marist College, which leaves a short walk downhill to home.

  I got home in plenty of time for the start of play in the Test match.  Things started of well until Cooke was out with the score in the 70's.  After that Mitchell Johnson was a real pain getting 6 wickets and England were all out over 80 runs behind Australia.  England picked up 3 wickets before play ended but Australia are some 200 runs ahead.  Mark has lost interest and went off for a walk, he is not planning to watch play tomorrow.  I of course will.

  Whilst I continued to watch play, Mark went off to the pub about 8.00pm. I followed about half an hour later.  We had a meal there (I had fish and chips and Mark had a rib eye steak) and Robert turned up sometime after 9.00pm, in time to nick a few of my chips.  After a few drinks we decided to call it a night. Robert then drove us to a bottle shop and I laid in supplies of Hahn Premium Light for tomorrow, and Rob then drove me to the pad in Eastwood.  Mark went with Rob to Carlingford as Jane and Nick have gone for the night to Jane's brother to babysit - they too purchased supplies at the bottleshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment