Friday 24 December 2010

CHRISTMAS GREETINGS

FRIDAY 24th DECEMBER

  It's Christmas Eve, so I would like to wish everybody a very Happy Christmas, be it a White one or not.  Mark was not at his chirpiest this morning, blaming it on the cider he had drunk the previous night.  Upon his return from town he just happened to look into the Eastwood and there was Robert, what a coincidence! 

  Mark went off for a walk in the morning and I went off to Eastwood for brekkers and to purchase some drink for tomorrow.  I bumped into Mark at the supermarket, which was handy as I handed over the booze I had purchased to carry home and went off to read the paper and have breakfast.  The papers are suddenly very upbeat about the Aussie's chances in Melbourne, we shall see.

  I accompanied Rob to the Epping to meet Pav and Leslie, but Mark elected to stay at home and take it easy.  Robert purchased a case of Stella to take round to Pav's tomorrow.  We had a couple at the Epping and then returned.  Rob and I went to the Eastwood for dinner and Mark joined us a bit later.  His condition can be guaged by the fact that he had two lemonades and something to eat, but that was all.  We returned back to the pad, and Robert said he would drop round the beers to Pav's so they could chill overnight.  I accompanied him.  When I went with Rob a couple of years ago, the dog took exception to me and wouldn't stop barking, and this time continued where it had left off two years ago.  However after a while it seemed to accept me and we became friends, so much so that it insisted on having its photo taken with me.
  Rob dropped me back and after watching an episode of Phoenix Nights we had an early night in anticiption of an early start tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment