Friday 3 December 2010

THE HAMLEY BRIDGE HOTEL

THURSDAY 2nd DECEMBER
  Not really much to add, today was very much like yesterday. An ideal time to catch up with the blog, but unfortunately there was no wi-fi connection to be had in Stockport. I took Scruffy for a walk up the road when a couple of llamas appeared in a neighbours property.  Whilst making sure he kept his distance, Scruffy gave the llamas a barrage of barking, which the llamas watched with distainful interest.  Unfortunately I didn't have my camera on me to capture this event, and when I returned with camera in hand the llamas were gone.  Yet more heavy rain fell, so the day was a mixture of rain and sunshine.

                                                                       Steve Jones
  In the evening we went to the other pub, namely the Hamley Bridge Hotel.  The place was full of various hirsute gentleman, including a Croatian and an Irish Scotsman.  The latter insisted on buying me a drink which consisted of a large Cointreau poured into a pint of beer.  Naturally I drank it.  He later insisted on buying me yet another drink.  This time there was a spirit in one glass and a beer in the other.  I tossed one into the other and tossed the potion back, only to be told that I shouldhave drunk them separately!  He apparently arrived in Australia in 1966 and had been there ever since.  Steve meantime felt that I should be shown the "pokies" and investing $10 promptly won $50 which covered the cost of our dinner. 
        
The man who would buy me a drink (or two).

1 comment: