Sunday 5 December 2010

ADELAIDE DAY THREE

SUNDAY 5th DECEMBER

  We caught a bus about halfway to the ground and walked the rest of the way. Again we found some empty seats in the Clem Hill Stand which gave us a panoramic view of the ground. There was the early loss of Cook's wicket, however he had amassed 140 odd by that time.  Apparently he has been nicknamed "Chef" because he is better than a Cook!  Another wicket fell when Collingwood was out lbw for 40, but thereafter all went well.  Pietersen reached a blazing 200 getting a standing ovation and Bell batted well again.

Things were looking good at tea time with England having a lead of over 300, but then the threatened rain started falling.
We waited for a while but then decided that more play was unlikely and set off for home.  With some foresight I had brought along my waterproof jacket with me, so I gave my cap to Mark and we headed for home.  Mark set off at a brisk pace, whilst I happily meandered my way home at my own pace, oblivious to the rain.
  After a bit of a rest, we went out to the Royal Hotel that Mark had discovered just down the road, but they had stopped serving food by the time we got there.  So it was a walk to Rundle Street where we finally settled on an Indian Tandoori restaurant.  The food was very good and we managed to just beat the rain in getting back to the hotel.  A relatively early night saw us in bed by about 11.00pm, hoping for good weather on the morrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment