Sunday 26 December 2010

CHRISTMAS DAY

SATURDAY 25th DECEMBER

  Robert arranged to pick us up at 7.30am to take us round to see Nick, so we were up at 7.00am to be ready to go at half past.  However our driver didn't turn up until 8.30am so we didn't get to Carlingford until just before 9.00am.  Nick had got loads of presents including a guitar and a three wheeled scooter.  I completed the assembly of the scooter but managed to put on the steering column back to front, but the scooter still worked - I'll have to redo it when I get back from Melbourne. Indeed it seems to be suitable for all ages!  Nick was soon into composing songs and playing the guitar - who knows he may yet become a pop star!




  We then got dropped off back at the residence whilst Robert went with Nick and Jane to the in-laws.  Robin was back home for Christmas but the cancer is well advanced and her life expectancy can be measured in months.  Robert stayed for a while and then came back to take us round to Pav's where we had Christmas dinner with his parents, Leslie's mum and neighbours. 







The dog took exception to Mark this time and barked at him for some time before eventually deciding to befriend him. Dinner was in the parents' house and consisted of pork and ham with various delicious salads followed by pumpkin pie and ice cream.  Afterwards I chatted with Pav's mother who was a delightful lady, before returning to Pav's house which adjoins his parents' home.  Jeannette arrived in the afternoon and we all sat outside taking in the sun and drinking beer and wine.  At some point in the evening I decided to ring Andrew & Denise, Adam & Karen, Bridie and Jim on my mobile and got through to all of them to wish them a Happy Christmas.  I also spoke to James and Shauna who were very excited with their presents.

  My memory becomes a bit hazy after that but I recall that we were driven back to the pad where I crashed out fairly quickly, albeit I believe Mark watched a video before retiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment