Sunday 26 December 2010

MELBOURNE BOUND

SUNDAY 26th DECEMBER

  Felt better than I expected  when I arose at 9.30am and packed my bag for Melbourne before settling down to watch the Fourth Test Match.  England won the toss and put Australia in to bat and a couple of early missed catches did not prove to be costly.  Rob and Nick took us down to Sydney airport at about 12.30pm and by the time we were boarding our flight Australia were 70-5.  Mark said farewell to Nick and told him he must come to London next Christmas.  Nick was very concerned if there was a leggoland in London, but Mark re-assured him that there was.  He also told him that the present he had received from Nick - Gary The Gadget Guy - would go on his chest of drawers when he got home.

  Maureen duly met us at Melbourne Airport and we were amazed to learn that Australia were all out for 98.  On the way back to her place we listened to the radio commentary and then we were provided with beers and nibbles to watch the match on TV!  Close of play was at 6.50pm, and Alan returned from the game before 8.00pm.  Prawn starters with steaks cooked on the barbie by Alan , accompanied by more beer and wine followed by cake, coffee and Baileys completed a sumptuous meal.  We settled in to watch Jazz On A Summer's Day and I contacted Len who texted me back, so hopefully we will meet up tomorrow either during or after the game.

  Mark retired early in order to be up early to go into town to watch the Chelsea v Arsenal game, whilst I stayed up to try and catch up with the blog.  Maureen has very kindly offered to get up and run him to the station at 6.00am. I endeavoured to enter our bedroom quietly so as not to disturb Mark, but this went by the board when I crashed into his bed in the dark!  However I have other problems, apparently I have run out of storage space for photos on my blog, so for a few days it may well have to continue without pictures until I can sort the problem out, and then I will hopefully add the missing pictures in.

No comments:

Post a Comment