Wednesday 27 October 2010

More Preparations

  A trip to Manchester to visit grand daughter Leia and my son Adam and his wife Karen, resulted in a significant advance in my preparations for the trip.  Adam gave me an early Christmas present in the form of a one year Priority Pass that gets me into the Lounges at various airports around the world.  As I shall be visiting quite a number of airports in my travels this will be very handy.  It gives access to lounges at Heathrow in terminals 1, 3 and 4, but as luck would have it I'm leaving from terminal 5.  Ah well you can't win them all.  To go with this magnificent present Adam also gave me a thermos cup to fill up with coffee at the lounges before departure.

  He and I went shopping on Saturday afternoon taking 3 year old Leia with us.  Her interest in proceedings was such that she slept through the entire excursion in her buggy!  However, I acquired a rain and windproof jacket from "The North Face", an item that Adam thoroughly recommended, especially on the Inca Trail part of the trip.  I also purchased a multi-continental adaptor that can charge two ipods/iphones simultaneouly.  As I have one of each this will be quite handy.  With a few additional leads and a carrier bag and a set of noise reduction earphones that Adam lent me I feel fully prepared on the gadget front.

No comments:

Post a Comment