Wednesday 27 October 2010

Credit Card Crisis

  After the fracas with Lloyds TSB over getting the validity extended on my credit card, I decided to phone again.  This time I got a chap instead of a gal, and without in anyway bringing any sexual bias into the matter, I found him much more helpful.  He suggested that he cancel the card and get a new one issued and this should solve my problem.  Within three days I was in possession of a replacement card.  I opened the envelope with anticipation only to find that the card inside was valid from 10/2010 until 01/2011!  I duly phoned Lloyds only to be told that it was correct because extended validity dates can only be issued a few weeks before the expiry date.  Back to square one!

  I checked that I had an MBNA credit card but that expired in March 2011.  What the heck, I gave them a ring.  A helpful Irish chappie at the other end told me that they would issue me a new card, and he duly noted all the countries I would be visiting so as to hopefully preclude security from blocking the card because of suspected fraud.  So far nearly a week has elapsed and there is no sign of the replacement card.  A week to go till departure.  Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment