Thursday 22 September 2011

NARTOLIN

WEDNESDAY 21st SEPTEMBER

  Breakfast, walking the dog whilst Peter went off with Agnieszka to an appointment.  He returned just before I set off on my journey to nthe other end of the Metro line, one station from the end of the line, Natolin.  There I went to the Cybulskis appartment where I was invited for lunch.  I had missed their 50th Wedding anniversary celebrations - I was in Brazil at the time - and was told all about the event.  Another couple of friends were invited to lunch who apparently knew my aunt Jadzia very well in Krakow.
  We started off with flavoured vodka and bits of French cheese, and then it was soup, main course (with red wine) and then raspberries and ice cream followed by coffee and apple pie (charlotka) and a version of Baileys. I was pretty bloated by the end of it all!  Andrew gave me the mobile phone number of Bronek's wife as well as that of her Press Officer, so there should be no problem getting a copy of my father's book to Bronek.  He apparently flew off to the States today.  The election is in full swing and the Prime Minister Donald Tusk is touring the country in the Tuskmobile, taking a leaf out of President Obama's book.
  I returned home about 6.00pm where I learnt that Strzalkowski had phoned Peter - he had been away at a Sanatorium - and would be joining us at the Warsaw Uprising Museum next Tuesday.  After supper Peter and I adjourned to watch another episode of the Blues, this one about pianists, made by Clint Eastwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment